Let's discuss royalties on SUI NFTs

As we all know, royalties have been a major problem in #SOL NFT space for a long time and there still is no concise solution for it.

Is the same going to happen to #SUI NFTs? Or will the royalties get enforced for every collection?

Does anyone have a simple solution? Let’s discuss.

In my opinion, royalties should be enforced for every NFT, so there won’t be a controversy in the space!

38 Likes

We saw the fix, give extra perks to those who play the game with the royalties, I guess it’s the best we can do as the transfer function must remain the cheapest solution to tranfer assets and that way can be used for P2P trades.
That function has been a real mess cause people where exploiting it while the others had no idea, some team saw their stream running dry for sure, in just a few weeks.

Let’s enforce the NFT utilities with a royalties paid badge, and give it some extra perks (or all of it = enforce).
The true value of a NFT should be the utilities, as valuable as they are, it can be some crazy knowledges sharing, or access to a very active team, any subject expert community, any project core community to get in touch with the team directly (proximity has never been se easy to handle than on discord), you just need to badge to access those sphere.

IMO that’s the true spirit of the NFT meta we’ve seen so far, give access to exclusive content and xp, within some web3 services.
The added value is what it provides and where it can push people, as a whole.

14 Likes

BTW, we might have a solution on our side to indirectly enforce with a check system paired with the holder verification system.

Projects owner would be able to chose a rule that: to be a real holder, you need to pay the royalties, then you can get holder channel granted access when the case is yes.

Any non Royalties NFT won’t give access to real holder channel, they will need to pay it if they want the exclusive content and chat access.

(working on it ^^)

13 Likes

In my opinion, royalties percentage should be based on the possible gain that will be obtained by the holder.

Or, is it possible that the royalty fee will fluctuate according to NFT activity?

7 Likes

here is one of the best NFT Marketplace

7 Likes

Нфт суи обойдут нфт на солане

7 Likes

it will depend on the community and the popularity of the blockchain

7 Likes

Just checked it. Like the UI, but, i dont see any strong idea, why it is better than for example BlueMove?

5 Likes

royalties is so much toxic topic at the moment, why not to use new term - revenue share as an example

6 Likes

cause revenue share is a problematic topic in some countries ^^

Let’s imagine something new, like “proof of royalties”

6 Likes

I think there should be deductions. For each collection, the author has the right to set his own deductions, as well as tips that the buyer is ready to pay him

5 Likes

I think such system can’t be enforced, people are still able to do direct P2P transfer

5 Likes

Yes. I also think that they shouldnt be enforced lol

5 Likes

In my opinion royalties should be on the possible gain that will be obtained by the holder.

5 Likes

Why only the holder and not the seller?

3 Likes

Perhaps you need to pass the floating royalties for each collection. After a certain amount of time or some sales, you need to remove royalties in Octle

4 Likes

Because the holder is in dominant position to the seller

3 Likes

I know there are a lot of people who want little or no fees. However, it is difficult for the market to gain momentum. So I agree with you.

3 Likes

As for me, royalties should be not too big to the grow NFT ecosystem, 1-2% is good

I think creators should be duly rewarded for their work from royalty payments.

2 Likes