My concern about NFT on SUI

Since a few months ago I have been paying attention and following the development of NFT on the SUI Blockchain. Although it is not certain when the SUI mainnet was launched, many NFT projects have been offered to the SUI community. :partying_face:

Some NFTs want Hype and make big promotions, and this is where I am concerned.

The creators of this NFT have learned from the NFTs on the Aptos Blockchain, that they should launch their NFTs early and race to be first. Why? Because they realized that they had no reliable utility relying solely on HYPE. Remember the “BRUH”?

The marketing techniques used are very identical to one another, using Crew3. If I look at it, with the same marketing system used, this shows that some of these NFTs are under the control of "one group".

Some NFTs can’t wait for the mainnet to launch, and they sell their NFTs on other Blockchains. It looks good but I find it very funny. Doesn’t this mean they are simply “chasing the money”? and their project is only for instance profit.

> This article is to remind myself to always be careful when deciding to buy NFTs on the SUI Blockchain. And only buy NFTs that have utility. DYOR Thanks

47 Likes

same thought.

ive seen many money chasers on aptos and they are coming to sui as well.

not only NFTs. there will be scam projects

sui commuinty must be careful of them!!

sui is permissionless but hope that there are something to protect sui community from scammers

17 Likes

Agree with you. Personally, I hope that “SUI Dev” is concerned with this, it is not impossible that many NFTs who only want to grab cash will actually make SUI NFT’s image not good.

9 Likes

The NFT scam on SUI will have to go through until the market forms. There is no liquidity on Aptos in the Aptos market at the moment, although it started well. More or less good projects on Aptos NFT are: F1DOG and Aptos Undead. There are no strong teams with an innovative idea, all projects are carbon copies. Also at the beginning will be on SUI. But we know that this is all temporary.

10 Likes

i got flag here cause not relate to this topic, so glad to know about this concern on NFTs on SUI.

5 Likes

Definitely, agree with your opinion. There are so many newbies to crypto, and the bad news is that they (even me) easily get swept up in the “hype”. Let’s take a deeper look, when we want to make a decision in crypto

2 Likes

thanks for the topic :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea :thinking: It seems to me that it was not for nothing that the Sui launched their Capy. There has already been more than one activity for the community with them. Maybe in this way the developers are trying to show a good example of NFT projects? Capy are not just cute pictures, they could be dressed up, biographies invented for them, participated in the drawing of gifts and so on. I think the team will prepare even more activities with these animals. And we must move away from the stereotypical opinion that “NFT is just a picture”, NFT is an art, a way of communication and much more, but only hardworking developers can make them so.

2 Likes

I agree, most NFT project owners are just chasing the next big thing.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. If you’re really confident in your project, there’s no need to rush it.

1 Like

Agreed. That’s why DD is needed before entering any nft project. High risk, high reward. Good luck everyone.

1 Like

That’s why we are building a trust score engine using people’s wallet historic activity, to see if the profile is more legit than suspicious :slight_smile:

Come to check PerceptronLabs Litepaper

We saw Aptos shitshow and we really want to help solving this issue of proliferant easy scam, with a full decentralized and automatic solution.

Mission is to connect legit project with legit investors/minters.

And alert on unknown people trying to push a project with obvious red flags.

1 Like