Sui Frequently Asked Questions

Sui FAQ

Why Sui?

:droplet: What does Sui offer over other blockchains?

Sui offers ease of development, a developer interface, fast transaction speeds, a sane object model, and better security. Sui calls the consensus protocol only for transactions affecting objects owned by multiple accounts. This means simple transactions complete almost immediately.

:droplet: Is Sui based on Diem?

There is no technical relationship between Diem and Sui except that both use the Move programming language.

All five co-founders of Mysten Labs, the initial contributor to Sui, worked on the Diem system and are very familiar with both its good qualities and its limitations. Diem was designed to handle light payments traffic between a small number (10s-100s) of custodial wallets.

The Mysten Labs founders decided against building on Diem because of these limitations. They believe blockchain tech has evolved considerably since Diem came out in 2019, and had many ideas about how to design a system that is more scalable and programmer-friendly from the ground up. That is why they became the initial contributors for Sui.

Roadmap

:droplet: Can I buy the Sui token?

There will be a public token for the Sui Mainnet. But it is not available right now and there is no timeline as of yet.

For developers

:droplet: How do I get started?

1. Install Sui. (Install Sui to Build | Sui Docs)
  2. Spin up a local node. (https://github.com/MystenLabs/sui/blob/main/doc/src/build/wallet.md)
  3. Join the Move and Sui developer channels in Discord.
  4. Start building! (Building Sui | Sui Docs)

:droplet: Are you looking for builders, creators, partners, and investors?

Sui needs partners that can contribute to the ecosystem primarily in development by building apps with the SDK now so they can be ready to launch when the network goes live. If interested, please apply here: Sui Partnerships Form

Development

:droplet: Are there things we can already test?

There are a number of examples and demos available for viewing at: Explore Sui | Sui Docs

:droplet: Can I run a Sui validator node?

There is not yet a public Devnet or Testnet that will let others operate Sui nodes, but both are on the roadmap. Right now, you can run a local, non-networked Sui node for development. Check out Sui’s Wallet documentation to get started. You can interact with the local node via either the Wallet CLI or RPC API.

1844 Likes

“There will be a public token for the Sui Mainnet. But it is not available right now and there is no timeline as of yet.”

• Hi) It is not yet known in what form it will be? Coinlist? :thinking:
605 Likes

@rezacoin there is only CL. they work hard with their improvment :wink:

367 Likes

could you please provide the link about this ?)
@Bimbas1009

242 Likes

to my mind, you should to update some information. look at the tokenomic :wink: :wink:

221 Likes

thank you sir. this was useful! :wink:
pease!

214 Likes

waiting another update information. thank you!

200 Likes

@putrifahira557 cause, tokensale is very exciting process and everyone want to take some allocation :smile:
but, bear market is so danger

172 Likes

you mean the last one, where we can provide MM wallet in CL :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

157 Likes

No one knows when sui will launch on mainnet,we are all waiting for an official announcement,but it’s close I guess

163 Likes

there is only Coinlist as tokensale platform…hope, we will see Sui :grimacing:

161 Likes

agree with you, we are so close to launch mainnet

157 Likes

Good information. Good job.

145 Likes

I hope so soon have a good news

124 Likes

where did you read? :disguised_face:
@Bimbas1009 maybe it is only rumor?) this happen often

128 Likes

suggestion? @rezacoin
now, we have only one way to launch tokensale - Coinlist. :sneezing_face:

132 Likes

is there some clarification about Roadmap? maybe some details or inside :roll_eyes:
@wcunning

109 Likes

you should read it mates

112 Likes

Thanks for information :+1:

113 Likes

Thanks for information

104 Likes