Fungible and Non Fungible Token standard

Are there any standards defined in Sui for fungible and nonfungible tokens like in Eth ERC20 for fungible tokens and ERC721 for non-fungible tokens?

3 Likes

Hi @tahlil,

Our equivalent for the Fungible Token standard is the 0x2::coin module:

The standard is represented programmatically, on-chain, using a module in the Sui framework.

When it comes to NFTs, Objects on Sui already have a lot of the properties that people look for from an NFT standard, built into the chain, related to ownership and transfers. On top of that, we have:

• Object Display Standard – for defining a custom representation for your NFTs that are generally understood by Marketplaces and Explorers.
  • Kiosk – to give creators and marketplaces control over things like royalties, and other conditions that must be met when performing a transfer.
2 Likes

Thanks @amnn however i do have one question? what about Origin-Byte NFT Protocol for SUI? Is that recommended or encouraged by SUI Team?
I read somewhere Origin Byte NFT Protocol has the most marketshare of the NFT standards on Sui. Is this true and are there any tradeoffs? I couldn’t find any reference of Origin Byte in SUI official docs?

Let me defer to @damirka for the answer here.