The Asset Tokenization Reference Implementation is now available under the Apache 2.0 open-source license. This collection of smart contracts enables the representation of real-world assets (RWAs), such as real estate and art as digital tokens on Sui. These tokens can represent entire assets or fractions thereof, with configurable metadata that is consistent across all fractions.
Key features include:
- Fractionalization of the asset into a total supply of tokens
- Easily manage general (whole-asset) and fractional (per-fraction) metadata
- Support for the Sui Kiosk framework
- NFTs vs FTs: Distinction between Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) for unique assets and Fungible Tokens (FTs) for identical assets.
- Burnability: Option for asset creators to make fractions burnable. Burning tokens decreases the circulating supply while maintaining total supply, which in turn enables minting the burned fractions to retain the predetermined total supply.